About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Fall Makeup Essentials

Thursday 17 September 2015

This theme week I've talked about some of my favourite things about fall, my fall fashion inspiration, and the music that I love to drive to during the season (nothing beats Mumford and Sons and driving through the country) but today I am going to share some of my makeup essentials for the upcoming months. 


The Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favourites Palette (no longer available as a palette but all individual shadows are available on their website) I love the range of shadows and how the palette works for any season- I recently used the green shade and the coper one above it in the crease and it looked AMAZING. Covergirl Liquiline Blast my favourite pencil liner hands down for the last couple of years, I have 2 backups for this baby. It works wonderfully as a tightliner as well as a regular eyeliner- sharpen it really well and it won't do you wrong. Too Faced Better Than Sex I discovered this last year, and bought a sample size on boxing day last year- I just got around to using it now, and have fallen back in love with it. I love how this looks especially with tightliner for full lashes. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel the one step I do not miss in the morning is filling in my brows, and this has been my go to product for the past 9 months and I don't see it changing anytime soon, well worth the investment, and I even have a couple of friends committed to it as well. 

Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer A sample I got in an Ipsy bag when I still had the subscription, and something I've been using religiously to keep the summer dewy look going, in the early stages of fall the glow from summer should still be around a bit and this is a product I always reach for. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 Light A serious dupe for the NARS concealer and a fraction of the price, the coverage this stuff gives is amazing, and I'm almost out- I will be repurchasing this! ELF Mellow Mauve Blush while deeper shades of blush start coming into trend, this is the perfect transition colour, a really pretty understated mauve that doesn't come off as too strong and blends really well. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray The trick to keeping everything in place all day. I use this after I apply primer and once my face is all done to really maximize the effect. 

Maybelline Faint For Fuchsia Matte I bought this as an impulse, and didn't really use it during the summer months, but it's a great colour for this time of year, when you want to stretch out summer a little longer but also want to play with a bold colour. Paired with a neutral eye and some bold lashes this would look incredible with the outfit ideas in Tuesday's post. Revlon Kate Moss 08 A warm brown neutral shade perfect for blondes that isn't too crazy a colour with some really pretty shimmer. I'm always drawn to these types of colours (so I have waaay too many of the same type). Revlon Super Lustrous Matte 006 Really Red my first really red lipstick and my favourite, I love how it is matte and a true red colour, I imagine it with a top knot and an infinity scarf with a chunky sweater and ripped jeans. 

What are some of your favourite makeup essentials for fall? Let me know in the comments below! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►