About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

The Jaclyn Hill Favourites Palette

Wednesday 20 May 2015


I've been watching Jaclyn Hill on youtube for a while (if you haven't seen any of her videos you can find her here) and she is one of those youtubers that is incredibly honest about her opinions and is very funny at the same time. After watching her for a while I've really learned to trust her opinion when it comes to amazing products. The first time she mentioned Morphe Brushes and their unheard of buttery smooth insanely pigmented shadows for just $2 (USD) each, I checked out their website, saw what I liked but didn't buy anything.. small thank god in that statement because before long she had teamed up with them to release a limited edition palette filled with her favourite shades from their collection. 

The first release of the palette sold out in hours and crashed their website, so they decided to release it again, and once the stock was out it was finished obviously it was successful. The second time it released was around my birthday, so I used some of my birthday money and bought it for myself thanks GMA! and waited patiently for it to arrive, almost a month later it finally got here! 

First things first, Jaclyn's claims that these are insanely pigmented and buttery are 100% truth. I've used ELF eyeshadows a lot in the past, and for their bargain price they are quite good, but these I would NEVER believe they are just $2 per eyeshadow regularly (in the palette they are about 1.50 each Canadian). 

I'm a big lover of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and the LORAC pro palette and these colours in terms of pigmentation and creaminess are pretty much comparable. 
Row 1 (first shade is slightly cut off)
Row 2 
Row 3 
Row 4
I've been playing around with this palette for about a week and a half now, and when I wear makeup I've been on this not really into doing my makeup kick lately this is the palette I reach for. 

I cannot get over the quality of these shadows, and will definitely be looking into more as I use up some of the makeup I already have. 

Have you tried any of Morphe's products? What do you think? 

Labels: , , , , ,


At 20 May 2015 at 13:38 , Blogger Carmen Varner said...

So many bold & beautiful colors. Never tried it but the quality looks amazing. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

 
At 20 May 2015 at 15:24 , Blogger Paula thirteenthoughts.com said...

I haven't tried any Morphe's products, but heard so much about this palette!

Paula

Thirteen Thoughts

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►