About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

May 2015 Favourites!

Friday 29 May 2015


It's that time again, favourites time! I love reading and watching monthly favourites posts/videos.

Beauty Favourites

For beauty this month I haven't really been wearing a lot of makeup, which makes my list a lot more streamlined into products that when I have been wearing makeup I have been going to time and time again. Morphe Brushes Jaclyn Hill Favourites Palette I ordered this in the middle of April, and finally received it in the middle of May. The quality is amazing, pigmentation is insane, and the colours all really work well together, I have posted a full review you can check out hereE.L.F Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo in Blushed/Bronzed I found this while going through my collection, to me it looks to be a pretty convincing dupe for the NARS Laguna Bronzer and Orgasm Blush duo. For a product that is only a couple of dollars it is worth the money. Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss in Sesso My go to lipgloss from the Naked on the Run palette. It is the perfect shade for a natural look but isn't too light or too sticky, this guy makes me want to buy the other ones from the collection, I posted a full review of the Naked on the Run palette here.

Sonia Kashuk Eyes on Neutral- 02 Palette an absolutely amazing matte neutral palette that I picked up when Target was closing in Canada I am still mourning the loss that I believe was only a dollar. I'm loving this palette. E.L.F Eyeliner and Shadow Stick Duo a cream eye pencil on one side and a eyeliner on the other side, I really like the liner side as it is a soft brown that is a lot softer than black for me personally. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon featured in my 6 shades for Spring and Summer post (check it out here) I got this last summer and absolutely loved it, and the love has carried over this year as well. Rimmel Colour Rush in 120 All You Need is Pink this goes on a little sheer and the colour really builds after a couple of minutes on the lips, which I need to remember when I put this on. I love the slightly light red, pinkish tone to the colour and I'm really liking this range as a whole.

Last but not least, NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Struddle A blue toned baby pink that isn't too pale but isn't too bold either. I featured this in my 6 shades for Spring and Summer post as well.

Others 

For more random favourites this month, I've finished Friends on Netflix (which was heartbreaking and makes me want to start it all over again) Hands up if you want a Chandler...just me? I've also gotten into wearing a watch and bracelet every day, and have been in complete love with Connor Franta's A Work in Progress I posted a full review which you can check out here. I have also been drinking a lot of water and Iced Tea (that I make with real tea and no sugar!) that has gotten me through a couple of heat waves in the last couple of weeks!

What have you been loving for the month of May!? I can't believe it's almost June!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


At 29 May 2015 at 14:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

I got the Sonia Kachuk palette while Target was alive and well in Canada. I wish I had picked up some more things from the brand, because I love it!

RachelShuchatMakeup

 
At 29 May 2015 at 17:10 , Blogger Carmen Varner said...

I pretty much love anything by ELF because their products are so good for the price. The NYX Butter Gloss sounds cool. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

 
At 31 May 2015 at 20:06 , Blogger Mandy said...

Love those lip colors, especially the NYX Butter Gloss. Apple Strudel is such a pretty color. :)

xo Mandy | A Girl, Obsessed

 
At 22 June 2015 at 12:39 , Blogger Mia Morsy said...

Great picks, I always wanted to try out the elf blush and bronzer duo! :)
Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►