About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Blogtober Day 5! Combat boots!

Friday 3 October 2014

In Canada fall is a sacred time, not only are the trees turning a million different shades of orange and red, but it starts to cool down, but it's a nice cool down before all the snow comes I live in the Snow Belt... which means that this is truly the time for fall fashion before you have to wear a parka over everything!

Fall is also the time of moving towards layers, and boots that don't need to be water proof. I told you this is sacred times 

I got these combat boots for Christmas (and couldn't wear them until May!) from Payless Shoe Stores and I believe they were under $40. While they were available last year, they no longer carry the exact same ones.. however these are pretty close.

I like combat boots because they make any outfit look a little edgier, and are casual at the same time. They almost give the impression of a well paired outfit without trying to hard. Personally I like to wear my boots with the laces tucked inside and a more open look to them, but you can wear them laced all the way up or with the laces wrapped around the boots. Below I've styled my favourite look for my combat boots. A chunky sweater, jeggings and my boots! 


Labels: ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►