About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Blogtober Day 13: Wanderlust Tag

Friday 17 October 2014

I love travelling, my family is a very adventurous family, we like to go new places and explore. As I'm in my last year of post-secondary education and still young with nothing to tie me down my list of places I want to go is continuously growing. I fully plan on going somewhere new every year.. and travelling Canada, you have to travel Canada. 

1. What is your most treasured passport stamp?
My most treasured passport stamp is from the Chunnel, or Heathrow. I am completely infatuated with England, so when I travelled there in grade 11 I was so excited to get both a stamp when we arrived at Heathrow and when we left to go to Paris via the Chunnel. It's a train!! 
2. Can you recite your passport number from memory?
I cannot.. Numbers take a while to stick in my memory and I've never had to recall it before.. 
3. Preferred method of travel? Planes, Trains or Automobiles?
Anything that gets me there. I do fly a lot, and I really enjoy take offs and landings, but trains are fun to see the outside, and cars are fun to relax in the back seat of. I think planes wins this one.. but it stems from my years of growing up on an Air Force base. 
4. Top 3 Travel Items?
Camera, Guide book, cross body bag. 
5. Hostel or Hotel?
Hotel preferably but I've never stayed in a Hostel. 
6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
I like to go to new places, or see new things, but going somewhere familiar and seeing how it changes is fun too. Going to a repeat place with new people, or to finish the bucket list of things I wanted to do. 
7. Do you read up on your destination (history, culture, safety) or do you wing it?
I usually look for things to do, or ask the locals of the fun things to do wherever I am. We go places we want to go to, and usually know a little about what we are heading into when we decide to go. 
8. Favourite Travel Website?
Tripadvisor. It provides hotels, travel and things to do all in one. 
9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? City and Why?
London, because I'm a London lover, or maybe Paris, or Portland Oregon.. Gah I don't know.. it would depend on the person I was talking too. London because the language is the same, the building are old, and the history is rich. Paris because it's beautiful, it's the city of love and all that jazz.. Portland because it's so hipster and unique and weird. 
10. You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
London, Rome, Russia.. I would have a very hard time deciding this one, I wouldn't be able to decide.. I have a hard enough time deciding what to wear- let alone a no-budget vacation.. I think London.. 

Labels: ,


At 29 October 2014 at 03:28 , Anonymous Cat said...

I love traveling as well and yes, I agree, London is amazing!!!
Cat Xx

kaleidoscopejade.blogspot.com

 
At 4 November 2014 at 10:10 , Blogger Danielle said...

i went to london last year and fell in love, i'm hoping to go back next year!

xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

 
At 10 November 2014 at 16:39 , Blogger Unknown said...

take me with you!? My goal is to go back to London a million more times!

 
At 10 November 2014 at 16:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

it's just so rewarding, I love learning about new places and seeing the world!

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►