About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

September Favourites!

Thursday 1 October 2015



It's that time again, I'm sharing some of the things I've been loving during the month of September!

This month, I've been working a lot, so having a routine for my skincare as well as a pretty basic daily routine for my makeup has helped me not only be efficient in the morning but still have room for some creativity. I've found that most mornings I've been reaching for my Urban Decay Naked Palette as it is flexible in terms of colour range and I can really do a lot with it, and that the neutral colours are appropriate for an office. I've also been dealing with a bit of acne and some dark spots under my eyes great eh? and I've been reaching for my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 Light I absolutely love this concealer, and I kept the package around just for this picture, I love the consistency and the coverage and the durability of it, all around I <3 it! For my inner corner and my brow highlight I've been reaching for my Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush  that I got in my ipsy bag months ago when I still had it. I was doing my makeup one morning and wanted a clean brush to do my inner corner and grabbed it by chance- and I've used it every day since. I've also been obsessed with subtle highlighting no strobbing for me and I've been reaching for my ELF Baked Blush  it's not really a blush and at first I was quite disappointed with it, but then I reimagined it as a highlighter and I really like the effect, especially on top of powder (because then I'm not putting a cream on top of powder)

Sitting at my desk every morning doing my makeup, I always look at this cute little notebook just sitting there I haven't written in it, but I do love it it really matches the decor of my room which is very London themed and I've always loved the message of "Keep Calm and Carry On" as a massive history lover. I've finally replaced my beloved Lush Vanillary Solid Perfume after it melted in the summer heat- seriously it happened, they have changed the packaging for their solid perfumes into a tin that I might seriously think is a lip balm at one point, but it smells the same and it's just absolutely amazing. When I haven't been wearing my Lush perfume I've been wearing this Chloe sample. I used 250 of my points at Sephora on this honestly because the bottle is ADORABLE but I wear it because I love the scent.

Finally my daily staples this month have been midi rings I got mine from LC by Lauren Conrad at Khols in America, and they are the only ones I have been able to find that fit my super skinny fingers the way they are supposed to. I've been wearing at least one of them pretty much every day. I've also been trying to wear earrings more often to really complete an outfit, I've had my ears pierced my entire life but I've never really been in the habit of wearing earrings. My go to ones are small pearl earrings I have no idea where or when I got these ones, but I love them because they are small and don't weigh a lot. Last but not least, I've been using this Irresistible Me 8 in 1 Curling Wand with the medium width wand every time I have curled my hair- this is an incredible wand, and you can expect a full review coming next week!

What have you been loving last month? I'm doing blogtober this year with a post every day for the month of October and I have lots of posts planned, so be sure to check back tomorrow!


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►