About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Irresistible Me Sapphire Curling Wand

Monday 5 October 2015

I have a fair amount of natural curl in my hair, which means it is often unpredictable not easy to work with. I am a bit of a perfectionist and having hair that doesn't listen to me makes me really frustrated, enter heat styling, something I fell in love with years and years ago when I got my first straightener. It's not very often I go for a pin straight 'do anymore, as I do really like the casualness some messy curls but with curls I can control.

Irresistible Me reached out to me last month to try their Sapphire 8 in 1 Curling Wand. The option of 8 different sized barrels gives a lot of variety without having to deal with storing so many different wands. The wands are Tourmaline Barrels, with negative ions to help promote healthy hair with less heat damage. It also promises a fast heat up time, a lightweight tool, a 360 degree cord, and a max temperature of 250C or 450F.

To start my review, the packaging for the system is wonderful, a leather roll bag with 10 slots, 1 for the handle and 1 for the glove as well as a compartment for each barrel. I really like how the glove has its own compartment instead of trying to cram it into a small elastic space or not being sure what to do with it. In the box as well is a small silicone stand to rest the wand on so that it doesn't move or burn your countertop (or floor). I really like this extra mile item as I had to purchase a heat protectant matt years ago to protect my carpet when I would do my hair sitting on the floor.



The handle is blue, and has a turnable locking mechanism (the wand won't heat up properly if it is not locked into place correctly.) Adjustable temperatures and a small screen. When you plug the wand in, the screen blinks blue until you hold down the power button, you can adjust the temperature now (I have it set to 370F because my hair is thick and natural curly.) The screen stays blue as it heats up, which it shows what temperature the wand is at, and then green when it has reached the desired temperature. I like this feature because then it isn't a guessing game trying to figure out if it is hot enough. It does have a really fast heating time, something I was impressed with, it takes under 30 seconds to get to my desired temperature of 370F.



With how fast the wand takes to heat up, I was expecting the curls to not last as long for some reason, and this is not the case, I use the 19mm wand most often and I can easily get 2 full days out of the curls with very little hairspray.

13MM, 25MM, 25/13MM, Pearl      Pearl, 25/13MM, 25MM, 13MM

19MM, 13/25MM, 18/9MM, 32MM   19MM, 13/25MM, 18/9MM, 32MM 
I really like all of the wands for a different reason, but the one thing that doesn't change is the quality of the wand themselves. The very end of the wands are not heated which is wonderful for the strange contortion you have to get into to use a curling wand hello not burning my shoulders. 

I also recently cut like 5 inches off my hair and I'm really excited to continue to play with this and see what looks I can come up with with my new short 'do.

Labels: , , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►