About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

An Interview with Amie Founder Fiona Parkhouse!

Thursday 11 June 2015


For quite a few months now, Amie Skincare has sent me products to try for my skin and review on my blog, and to be honest, their skincare line has saved my skin. I've reviewed every product they have sent me (not under a promise to promote it on my blog) but because I genuinely love their products. My mom who has more sensitive skin then I do even loves their stuff! 

After months of receiving their products and loving the results, Amie offered me the chance to interview their founder, Fiona Parkhouse. It took me a moment to realize what this was, an opportunity to ask questions to the founder of a company that I actually loved, and am already so grateful for treating my skin so lovely, I had a mini fangirl-esque moment. 

I consulted some of my friends and asked them if they were to read an interview with the founder of a skincare company what they would want answered, I thought about it for days, I swear I was dreaming questions in the shower.  But finally I narrowed down my questions and emailed them off. 

Fiona was kind enough to answer them for me, and I am beyond excited to share them with you. 

Did you have to overcome any personal obstacles when founding Amie Skincare? 
Yes I did certainly. I had always worked for large cosmetics companies, such as Estee Lauder, and so had never had to oversee any manufacturing. When I came to create Amie, I had to find a creative cosmetic chemist and very supportive manufacturer to work with. So I had to go up a very steep learning curve to start with but I loved it actually. 

Was it intimidating to start your own skincare company? 
Yes and now. I really believed that there was a place for my range in the market and that belief and determination really drove me on, despite the fact that there is so much competition out there. 

What advice would you give to young women who wanted to get into the business side of the beauty industry? 
Get lots of experience in business first- any business where you have to sell and understand figures and finance. Beauty products are lovely but the beauty business is a business, just like any other. 

When you began Amie Skincare, did you aim to have the products be cost friendly? How important was this to you? 
This was very important indeed. I wanted them to be affordable and accessible. I didn't envisage them being premium priced ever. 

What is your favourite product from the line for the Spring and Summer? 
Well, my skin is still oily at my age, so I absolutely love using Morning Dew Matte Finish Moisturizer, as I need the hydration but also the shine-control it gives. It's an excellent base for mineral foundation which I also wear. 
When I am feeling extra hot and oily, I love to use our wonderfully refreshing deep cleansing mask, Spring Clean Deep Cleansing Mask. It has a cooling action and fantastic fresh peppermint extracts which really help soothe and clear congested skin. 

I am so happy that Amie offered to let me have the opportunity to interview Fiona, (and thank you Fiona for answering my questions!) and that they have a product range I believe in! 






Labels: , ,


At 11 June 2015 at 12:42 , Blogger Unknown said...

I used to love Amie skincare, I think I used the moisturiser when I was younger because I had very sensitive and quite acne prone skin, I stopped using it because I thought it had been discontinued which I was quite sad about, I'll have to see if I can find it again

Emma emhasrednails

 
At 21 June 2015 at 15:48 , Blogger May Cho said...

Oh wow, Amie Skincare sounds AMAZING, and it's so wonderful that Fiona is so down to earth! I've got sensitive skin to and have been looking for a great skincare range to start treating my skin -- this just might be it. Thanks so much for this interview; I loved reading it! <3

May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

 
At 28 June 2015 at 05:32 , Blogger brookewrote said...

This is very interesting! I've never read anything about why people go into skincare or decide to take that path, what inspires them you know. Amie sounds lovely. I might have to try it out :)
Brooke | brookewrote

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►