About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Travel Skincare Essentials

Monday 2 March 2015



Recently I went on a weekend trip to visit a friend from high school who had a baby (She's precious!!) and visit my grandparents. For this trip I was only gone for 3 nights so it wasn't necessary to bring a lot of products or things with me. For skincare I've been keeping it simple, as I've discovered that simple is what my skin prefers.

Amie New Bloom Facial Cleansing Wipes I was recently sent these as a sample and I'm enjoying them, they get the job done, and remove my makeup easily, they also don't make my skin feel irritated after using them. My only issue, like with other wipes is that the first few wipes are not as saturated as the wipes lower down. This is something the brand cannot help however and it doesn't effect the quality of the wipes if you flip them upside down and let them sit for a couple of hours when you first get them to ensure an even distribution of the formula.

Amie Petal Perfect 2 in 1 Cleanser and Toner The wonderful people at Amie have created a product that not only makes your skin feel clean and refreshed but one that does not require water. As a cleanser and a toner, I use this after removing my makeup on a cotton round. It comes out like a lotion as do a lot of Amie's cleansing products and really makes my skin feel clean, but not clean to the point it aches this happens to me with most 2 in 1 cleansing and toner products I have tried.

Lush Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water  I've been using this product for over a year, and it is the one thing that has remained constant in my skincare routine. I really like it because it has Aloe Vera in it which is cooling and soothing to the skin, especially if I have really had to clean my face. I like that it is a mist and sprays evenly on my face, and that it is relaxing feeling and calming. It is also great on a hot day to mist on your face to cool down momentarily not that I suggest misting this on your face multiple times a day! 

Amie Morning Light Hydrating Daily Moisturizer I have featured this product in my January favourites, and I'm still loving it. It's moisturizing without being greasy, and it's a thicker lotion which  is more hydrating and better for the winter.

Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment This was recommended to me by a friend, and I can't believe I didn't buy this sooner. Just a small dap on a spot and it instantly starts working to reduce the appearance and redness of any spot on your face. I use this on spots that have already appeared and the ones I can feel coming you know when you just know you're going to get a spot- and it's the most annoying feeling in the world- combat it with this stuff! 

Amie Bright Eyes Eye Makeup Remover I brought this along just in case some of my makeup was a little harder to remove, and I didn't want to scrub with a wipe. I really like that it isn't greasy and that it doesn't leave my skin feeling irritated.

I know this post was heavily featured by the brand Amie, but they are quickly becoming a brand I really trust with my skin, and it is products that are genuinely working on my face, and not making it irritated- which happens frequently.

Labels: , , , , ,


At 2 March 2015 at 20:16 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great product list!

Mel
http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

 
At 30 March 2015 at 17:11 , Blogger Allyson Coffey said...

Just wanted to say that I just looked through your last couple posts and I am absolutely love your blog. The design and your post content is amazing. I will definitely be coming back to your blog to read future posts!

Allyson :)

acapellabeauty.blogspot.com

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►