About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

February Favourites

Thursday 5 March 2015


It's that time again, where I round up some of my favourites from the past month. I'm trying to figure out a system for what my favourites will consist of every month, do I put them into categories? do I just ramble? what? so hang in there with me while I try a couple different styles to figure out what I like best!

Lifestyle 

Over the last couple of weeks I have really gotten into the habit of having a smoothie for breakfast, nothing too complicated, frozen fruit, almond milk, yogurt and protein powder. Since I've been doing this I notice that my morning just doesn't feel right without it, I've gone through 2 bags of frozen fruit, and it has helped me get in a serving of fruit and dairy without being too much of a struggle.

Beauty 

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Soothing Sorbet I've mentioned this product in a couple of posts before,which you can read here it is my go to lip treatment for the winter months. It is a cheaper alternative to the Fresh Sugar lip treatment, and has a slight tint this particular one so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing colour for hydration. Ontario's winter has been harsh this year, being very cold and dry, and this product has definitely helped keep my lips smooth.

Bath and Body Works Wild Madagascar Vanilla Perfume I love my vanilla scents, and this one is no exception, it has a more floral take on the vanilla type perfume, and this particular bottle is in a travel size, which is perfect to have on the go.

Rimmel 60 Second Hot Chilli Pepper Nail Polish I have been wishing for spring, and brining pops of colours onto my nails has helped me remember that the end of winter is near! This colour is a burnt orange shade, that suits pretty much any season. The quality of the polish is good as well, I really enjoy the Rimmel 60 Second collection.

E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner in Black For under $5 this cream eyeliner is my favourite. It goes on really smooth, and stays in place all day. It is a glossier finish, it doesn't dry over matte which gives it a slightly nicer appeal to me personally. It is really creamy and quite frankly- you can't beat the price.

Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Caramel I got this in January and cannot believe I didn't get it sooner. This is quickly becoming, like for many other bloggers a Holy Grail product. I love how fine the pencil is, and how fool proof it is to apply. I also really like how it has it's own brush because then it limits me having to carry around a different brush!

MAC Cosmetics Custom Quad in All That Glitters, Sweet Lust, Blackberry and Wedge I made this quad almost 2 years ago, and I am still impressed at the colours I pulled together. I've been turning to this quad a lot recently, really gravitating towards Blackberry and Wedge. Wedge is a great crease transition shade, while Blackberry is perfect for outer corner, or even as a liner. You can read in an depth look here.

Soap and Glory Hand Food Like I mentioned for the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, this stuff is saving my hands in the cold dry months of winter. I really like how it isn't greasy, and absorbs into my skin quickly, so it is more convenient to apply and get back to work.

Netflix 

Over the month of February, while patiently okay.. not so patiently waiting the return of House of Cards (Watch that show- seriously!) I binged watched Downton Abbey, as my degree is in History, I'm a big fan of period dramas, intact this show made me watch too many documentaries in the past month!


Labels: , , , ,


At 5 March 2015 at 06:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome products

Mel
http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/2015/03/lady-gatsby-giveaway.html

 
At 5 March 2015 at 09:05 , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely favs!

Made in Mauve // Bloglovin

 
At 5 March 2015 at 09:54 , Blogger Kelsey&Kenecha said...

All great stuff, love the babylips! :)

Florals&Smiles
Twitter

 
At 6 March 2015 at 13:41 , Blogger your bookish friend said...

Cheers to Downton Abbey! I started watching it on Amazon Prime and am hooked! I love the historical side and romantic entanglements. Just seen seasons 1 and 2 so far, so a lot left to watch :)

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►