About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

The Trick That Changes Everything

Saturday 14 February 2015

Recently, I read about a trick that will forever change the way I photograph products. I cannot remember where I read this and mean no offence to whichever blogger I read this from- I'm extremely grateful for the tip!! 

The trick is simple, so simple in fact that is also comes across as shocking that it's not almost a standard when it comes to blog photography.


Sticky Tack. White Sticky Tack. All that needs to be said it right there, those beautifully pictures of products strewn about on a desk or magazine, somehow magically with all the labels facing upwards and no fingers holding the annoying tube of whatever in place- sticky tack is the answer.

I picked some up a couple of weeks ago at the Dollar Store and use the smallest amount on the underside of the product and stick it. Can we say genius!? I owe a massive thank you to whichever blogger I discovered this trick from- as it will surely up my picture game forever, and it's so genius that it almost stares you right in the face.


Labels: , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►