About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

My Beauty Bibles

Friday 20 February 2015


I remember the first time I watched The Hills, I fell immediately for the charm and confidence that is Lauren Conrad, I was 16 at the time, at 6 years later I still love everything she does.

Whenever I'm at Khols in America I insist on buying something from her line, and my favourite pieces in my closet are from her collections. 

Needless to say, it was pretty much assumed that I needed to get my hands on both her Beauty and Style books, I got Beauty for Christmas this past year because it was next to impossible to find, and I got Style 2 years ago. Beauty was worth the wait! These are also the perfect books to start my coffee table book collection.

Lauren Conrad Style 
Style covers Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle. The largest section of the book is dedicated to Fashion, with chapters on how to shop, to how to build your wardrobe and the art of getting dressed. From the first time I read this book, she mentions in the building your wardrobe chapter about how she would rather invest in timeless pieces or staples and spend less on trends. Since reading this one line buried in the book I have kept it in mind when I shop, and I've truly started building a wardrobe with more expensive quality staple pieces and cheaping out a little bit when it comes to seasonal trends that you know won't be around forever. I have always preferred a more classic, basic wardrobe than following trends to a T (that's expensive!!) She also talks about washing your clothes and taking care of them, and how a couple of basic pieces and create endless looks, and dress up or down an outfit. Her tips on travelling are also really good, and I should really get into the habit of reading that chapter before I start packing for a trip!

Lauren Conrad Beauty 
Beauty is split into 2 sections: Prep and Play. Prep covers the importance of finding your beauty (she even shares high school pictures- that I'm sure we all wish never existed!) and covers skin and hair care, the effects of stress on your skin and even fitness and food which as I work on bettering my eating habits and drinking more water I see how this actually works! Play focuses more on application tips, her guide to her signature winged eyeliner I seriously will never be able to figure out how to wing my eyeliner daily hair and makeup and dressing it up a little more for party hair and makeup. She even has a bit of nails in there!

Overall, I really like these books, and cannot wait until I have my own place where they can be stacked on a coffee table, or vanity.

Labels: , , , , , ,


At 20 February 2015 at 15:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have yet to check these out but I might have to now

Mel
www.girlandthepolkadot.com

 
At 21 February 2015 at 10:36 , Blogger Sunshine said...

Sounds like these books are must haves...Will surely check them out... :)

http://scribbleyourthoughts.blogspot.in

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►