About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Keeping up the Motivation

Saturday 31 January 2015

At the end of April I will have been in school 19 of my (soon to be) 23 years. That's a long time! And currently I'm seriously lacking in some motivation. As I am in my final semester (and then a placement) I'm both absolutely terrified of truly becoming a grown up, being responsible for bills and jobs etc. and very excited to be done school. 

The past week or so has been bad for motivation, which is perfect for my first round of tests next week. I've been making excuses for myself, saying that tomorrow I will be productive, tomorrow I'll start this and so on, and watching a lot of Netflix. But I was having a talk with my grandpa about my lack of motivation which I feel I should point out is very unlike me, I've always been a very on the go type person and he compared it to running a race, you start out strong and then a couple kilometres down the way you get a stitch in your side and you have to pause for a couple minutes before you can keep going. 

My grandpa who I believe is a secret genius told me to just take a couple days and reset myself. 

Some of my tips for keeping up your motivation: 

* Take a day or two to just focus on you, do a face mask, binge watch a season on Netflix, do whatever you like to clear your head 

* Remind yourself why you're doing what you're doing.

* Spend a minute to reorganize yourself- get everything back on track I find this is when I lose my motivation- when things get off track I just continue to let them 

* Break down your to-do list into small tasks that can be easily accomplished

* Get lots of sleep

* Reward yourself (the binge watching a season of something on Netflix applies here too)

What ways do you re-motivate yourself? 


Labels:


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►