About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Long Hair Essentials

Monday 8 December 2014


Ever since my mother cut my long hair into a bob when I was seven because I hated brushing it I have always taken care of my long hair, rarely have I strayed shorter than my shoulders, and in recent years halfway down my back is normal. 

I like having long hair personally, partially because it is a security blanket, but also because I have curly hair and firmly believe that if it isn't long I would have an afro if this is true or not I do not want to find out. 

Along without washing my hair everyday I wash it about 2-3 times a week maximum I use coconut oil as a leave in conditioner, I just scoop a little bit out of the jar and melt it in my hands and focus on the ends of my hair, stay away from the roots- it will turn into a greasy pit quickly. 

When I use heat on my hair (as a student that's not very often) I am diligent about using a heat protectant- again focusing on the ends of my hair, I spray this into my hands and rub it into my hair instead of spraying it directly into my hair. I have more control this way- and I like being in control. My favourite is the Treseme Platinum Strength Strengthening one. 

Since I don't wash my hair everyday, and because my hair is curly, it gets tangled, I'm talking massive knots. Regular hair brushing on my hair ruins the curls, but to get the pesky tangles out of my hair I swear by the Tangle Teezer. It has different lengths of the comb bits which make it really good at getting tangles out, but it doesn't pull on your hair, I used to get hair brushing headaches from pulling on my hair and since using this... none! It is also designed to fit into the palm of your hand which gives you more direction and control when combing your hair. 

What are some of your hair care essentials? I'm always in the market for making my long hair easier to manage! 

Labels:


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►