About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Inside my Travel Beauty Bag

Sunday 17 August 2014

Recently my family and I went on a 4 day vacation that involved 2 hotel stays and a lot of fun! My family does travel a lot, either on weekend trips, overnight stays or legitimately planned vacations. Needless to say, the 4 of us have gotten very effective at organizing and packing for a trip.

While we were on vacation I realized that I usually bring the same products with me whenever I go somewhere, or some variation of the same things. In fact, I keep some of these products in the bag and store it in my suitcase so I don't need to pack everything all the time.


I ALWAYS bring this London 2 pocketed travel beauty bag that I got for christmas last year. I believe my mom got this particular one from London Drugs in Vancouver. One side is the plastic side for things that could spill, or be wet from the shower etc. and the other side is mesh for beauty products and whatever else you wanted to put into it.

Breath of Fresh Air Toner water by LUSH.  Grease Lightning Tea Tree Spot Treatment by LUSH. Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Mist by Bath and Body Works. Garnier Balancing Gel Exfoliator My face is currently broken out for some reason, so I went back to basics and only brought this one light cleanser as to not anger my skin anymore. Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Wash and Lotion by Bath and Body works, these stay in this bag permanently along with the body mist- always prepared with my go to scent! Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture Satin Finish Lotion, super moisturizing and great for my skin. Olay Fresh Effects Cleaner Brush I use this to really get the cleanser into my skin and get it super clean and soft. Nivea Happy Time Deodorant 48 hour protection, perfect for travel.. and everyday..

 Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads Perfect for on the go, small little wipes that will remove all my makeup. NYX Baked Blush in Spanish Rose a recent purchase, but one I have been enjoying enough to take with me on holiday for a nice wash of colour. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Very Fair my current without a doubt I need it every day product, I am shamelessly addicted to this concealer. NYX Tinted Moisturizer in TM01 Buff I hate worrying about foundations and all that jazz on a regular day, much less vacation- hello tinted moisturizer- you make me lazy. Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude a must to look for awake on a tiring roadtrip! Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded current eyeshadow base of the month, in love. Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent amazing to set everything in hot sticky weather and an absolute must for the summer. Urban Decay Naked 3 I usually just bring whichever palette I seem to be in a rut with at the moment, and for August the Naked 3 and all its rosy pink toned wonderfulness was it. Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof my current drugstore favourite, it's only a couple weeks into it's rotation too. Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light brows, a must, that is all.


I use my Sigma Call me Crazy Brush Kit container whenever I travel to make sure that all my brushes stay safe and clean. This tube is just so handy! Inside I packed Sigma F30 my go to powder brush (also good for light bronzing!Sigma F40 blush brush for the rest of my beauty loving days I can 99% certainly commit to this EcoTools Eyeshadow Brush great for packing on colour S-I-L-K Green Line Eyeshadow Brush another great packing brush Sigma E55 and E40 dual ended Flare Palette Brush 2 brushes in 1? Perfect for travel! Love the Sigma E40!! the E55 is wonderful for colour and a little blending, while the E40 buffs it all!  Sigma E65 My only angled eyeliner brush- it's a necessity!  Mirabella Eye Blender  you can't travel without 2 blending brushes! One might get dirty! Urban Decay 24/7 Blending Brush I like this one to get colour in the outer v, it's really dense so great to get the colour in there and as light/dark as you want! Urban Decay Naked Palette Brush just another useful brush incase the other ones are dirty it never hurts to be overly prepared? 

Check back tomorrow for photos from my trip!

-M

Labels:


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►