About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

What's in my Ipsy Glam Bag? June Edition!

Wednesday 18 June 2014

It's that time of the month again, my most favourite time, when a lovely pink bubble wrapped package arrives in my mailbox inside filled with themed goodies. This months theme was "Pretty in Paradise" (The bag says Rebbecca Minkoff).


Inside my bag this month was:

NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel 

I've heard lots of amazing things about the NYX Butter Glosses but have NEVER been able to get my hands on them, I am slightly disappointed in the colour, just by swatching it just because I don't think it suits me that well. But I'm still going to wear it, test it out and give you my review of it. I know these have been out for a year, and I'm happy I finally have one!

Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Jesse's Girl is a brand I haven't heard of yet, but I am impressed. Swatching it on my hand, I barely touched the felt tip to my hand and it makes the smoothest line, it doesn't bleed and the colour is so pigmented. As far as eyeliner pens go, I'm enjoying it, and think it's the best thing for this liquid eyeliner inept girl!

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil with African Macadamia Oil
I have never used oil treatments on my hair, for being a girl with curly hair naturally my hair isn't dry, the ends aren't dry. Which means I have been lazy when it comes to caring for the ends of my hair (especially with how long it is). The instructions on the back of this tube say to use 3-4 drops on the ends of hair to mid-length. I have not tried this yet, but will have a review up when I do!

Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes
This pack of 10 Ole Henriksen wipes is perfect to try. I have heard lots of good things about this brand from around the online beauty community but thought they were too expensive to just try. I am enjoying them though- I have used two. So far so good!

Laneige BB Cushion 
I haven't heard much of this brand or product either. I am excited to try it, and really like that the sample size has a range of colours to try, along with a sunscreen. It comes with a light, medium and dark, as well as the sunscreen giving me lots of options. I am letting my sister (who is a darker skin tone then I am) try the medium one, while I sample the light, just for a different perspective when I consider if I may ever want to purchase it. The beauty of this product is that it is available at Target, which means i would be easier for me to purchase.

*For those of you who may not be familiar with what Ipsy is, it is a company founded by Michelle Phan, where for a monthly subscription a themed bag filled with deluxe sample sizes of products are mailed directly to your door. They ship to the United States and Canada, for a fee of $10 a month (In Canada it is $17 after exchange rates and extra shipping costs). You fill out a questionnaire when you sign up, describing your personal style and the bag is customized to you. More information on their website here

Labels: , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►