About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Recent Purchase: Benefit Coralista Box

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Recently I made a Sephora purchase I deemed a reward for getting a new job. I have always been intrigued by the Benefit Boxed Blushes and Bronzers, but have never been able to justify the hefty $26 for a blush. I was largely interested in the Benefit Coralista Blush but was still taken aback by the price.

Right above the boxed blushes and bronzers were lovely kits, containing every benefit product I have never tried. I purchased the Benefit "Go Tropi Coral". This product retails for $34.00 and is available online here



Inside the kit are travel size items of Cha-Cha Tint, High Beam, Coralista Blush, a mini brush, and the Coralista lipgloss. I have been curious about all of these products, and figured that spending $34.00 was worth getting the travel sizes rather then buying a regular sized bottle and not enjoying it. There is also a little pamphlet inside that has some tips and tricks for using the tints and high beam.



The sizes for the travel sizes are standard deluxe sample sizes, and the tips and tricks book is really helpful for someone who had never used tints before.



Thus far (I've had this for a week) I have used it every time I have worn makeup, the corals are perfect for summer, and the lip gloss is amazing. I am totally in love, and see myself by the end of the summer purchasing some full sizes of these products. I will have to post pictures of me wearing everything, when I wear it next!

What are your favourite Benefit boxed products or tints? I am now completely in the market for some more!



Labels: , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►