About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Tag Week: TMI Tag!

Sunday 4 May 2014

This is the last tag for Tag Week! I had a slight kerffufle keeping on track, it was my friends son's 3rd birthday over the weekend, which required me taking trains and cars and buses to get there and back, and I did not bring my computer, and I thought I was on track.. and then I wasn't. I really tried, but the last three tags went up today all at the same time. As a new blogger I guess I'll get better at the organizing thing. Anyways this is the TMI Tag- I found it on Miss Glamorazzi's Youtube Channel

1. What are you wearing?
I am just hanging out on a sunday night, so I'm wearing my mom's Relay for Life Shirt, it's the yellow cancer survivor one and I love wearing it because I'm so proud of my mom for winning her battle, and it is really comfy and reminds me of her. I am also wearing these purple short pj shorts from garage, I got them like 4 years ago.

2. Ever been in love?
I thought so, at the time. But no.
3. Ever had a terrible Breakup?
Any break up is terrible, they suck, it hurts, when the breakup is mixed in with some SERIOUS drama it makes it just a tiny bit worse, but 4 years later, I'm a stronger happier person because of it, and I learned not to let myself be walked over for the sake of having a boyfriend.
4. How tall are you?
I am 5'7.5" but I think it rounds closer to 5'8"
5. how much do you weigh?
I weigh approximately 150 pounds.
6. any tattoos?
I have three tattoos
- "All Was Well" I have tattooed on my ribs, it was not the best place to get a first tattoo and the well is a little blurry, it follows one rib bone and was right on my bra line (which is why I think it blurred). I plan on eventually getting it touched up.. but that would require some "courage".  I was 19
- 6 birds on my shoulder, representing each member of my family and the 2 identical twins I was the fraternal triplet too, I have them on my shoulder to feel their presence, and have my family united, as well as feeling like I'm never alone. I was 20

-"Toujours" tattooed on my left wrist. My sister and I got them together, she has the same one. Growing up my mom always said at times we may not like eachother but we always had each other. Toujours in French means always, and the heart obviously symbolizes love. I was 21

7. any piercings?
I have my ears (I got them when I was 6 weeks old) my Tragus (I was 18) and my belly button (I was 15)
8. OTP?
Chuck and Blair, Chandler and Monica


9. Favourite show?
Gossip Girl, Friends, Reign, Untold Stories of the ER (Keeping up with Kardashians.. may be on that list too...)
10. favourite bands?
All time: Mumford and Sons, Metallica
Currently: 5 Seconds of Summer, Zac Brown Band
11. something you miss?
My family living in the same province, my sister and I live in Ontario, our parent's live 4 provinces away (3,300 kms) in B.C., Days before unlimited wifi, when you had to talk to people..
12. favourite song?
All time: At the Beginning- Donna Lewis and Richard Marx or When you say nothing at all- Allison Krauss, or Nothing else matters- Metallica.
Currently: Feel the Love- Hoodie Allen, She Looks so perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer, Sing- Ed Sheeran
13. how old are you?
The ripe old age of 22.
14. zodiac sign?
Aries, or a Monkey in the Chinese zodiac
15. quality you look for in a partner?
kindness- no one likes a meanie pants all the time, kindness love and compassion
drive- Wanting to do something, anything with your life. Not being complacent,
16. favourite quote?
"All was well"- the last sentence of harry potter- a reminder that in the end everything works out

"Don't cry because it's over- smile because it happened"Dr. Seuss- I've moved around, and made and lost friends, and this is what my mom always told me, not to be upset but be happy that I at least had it.

17. favourite actor?
Robert Downey Jr., Jennifer Lawrence

18.  favourite colour?
Purple. It has always been purple. Red and Grey are a nice combination though.
19. loud music or soft? 
If I'm trying to sleep soft, If I don't want to talk to anyone loud, in the car, always loud (it masks my terrible singing)
20.  where do you go when you're sad?
my bed. Curl up into a ball and mentally work my way through it.
21. how long does it take you to shower?
Anywhere between 10-25 minutes.
22. how long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
20-1.5 hours. Depending on how fresh I start.
23. ever been in a physical fight?
Nope. I'd loose
24. turn on?
Passion, I don't mean like physical passion, I mean the passionate twinkle in their eye when they talk about something they truly care about.
25.  turn off?
Being too opinionated.
26.  the reason i joined youtube? (In my case.. started a blog?)
I now live with my grandparents, pretty bored, and want to talk about what I love.
27. fears?
Spiders, Anxiety and feeling lonely.
28. last thing that made you cry?
John Green's "The Fault in our stars" I required about half a box of kleenex for that one.

29. last time you said you loved someone?
2 minutes ago when I was talking on the phone with my mom, right before we hung up. We said it in French too, Je T'aime
30. meaning behind your youtube name? (in my case.. blog name?)
I wanted to play off the whole "Southern Belle" saying, except Canada is a Northern country, so Northern is the opposite of southern, but related to my geographical location. My family carries strong ties to the french language so I thought of something that meant belle in french, which really belle in french means beauty, beautiful or pretty. Belle was taken however, so I picked joli which is a synonym for belle, and thus northernjoli was born.
31. last book you read? 
John Green's "The Fault in our Stars"
32.  the book you're currently reading?
Philippa Gregory's "Lady of the Rivers" which is a historical fiction novel

33. last show you watched?
Game of Thrones, it's sunday night. Sunday night is not complete without Game of Thrones
34. last person you talked to?
My mom on the phone, and my Nana asking if the lava cake she bought me was yummy (it was!)
35. the relationship between you and the last person you texted? 
My dad.. he texted me "May the Fourth be with you".. he think he's cool.. he is.

36. favourite food?
Cheese, Chocolate.. :)
37. place you want to visit?
London England, or Ireland to find my family's clans.
38. last place you were?
Peterborough Ontario, visiting some of my old friends, it was my adopted nephews (my best friend's sons) 3rd birthday, and Kay-Ya had to be there, so she was.
39. do you have a crush?
On a real person: not really.. on a fictional character? Yeah.. Augustus Waters melts my heart. Or Jon Sneeew. (Snow) cause Kit Harrington wowza
40. last time you kissed someone? 
A person other then like family? October  I guess.. Oh god that's embarrassing.
41. last time you were insulted?
20 minutes ago, when my mom dad and sister were arguing over who had to talk to me on the phone.. It better have been a joke.
42. favourite flavour of sweet? 
Chocolate.. or sour things. LOVE anything sour- because I have underdeveloped sour taste buds and I love seeing people be like "why aren't you freaking out, that's so sour"
43. what instruments do you play? 
I about as far from musically talented as it gets. I tried Piano once.
44. favourite piece of jewelry? 
My pandora bracelets, my daughters pride ring and my pandora summer ring (It's a Japanese Cherry Blossom)

45. last sport you played? 
Uuuuummmm.. Ninja's with my friends 3 year old. It's about as taxing as a sport. Right?
46. last song you sang?
Feel the Love- Hoodie Allen, Somebody loves you- Betty Who or Love on Top- Beyonce.
47. favourite chat up line? 
"How you doin'?" in the Joey voice.

48. have you ever used it?
Absolutely not. Unless I'm 100% joking around.
49. last time you hung out with someone?
Yesterday, the bestie, and the old work crew for some froyo before my bus ride, and then the old roomie and other bestie in Toronto while I waited for my next bus.
50. who should answer these questions next? 
The entire World. I want all the Too Much Information about EVERYONE.

Labels: , , ,


At 6 May 2014 at 05:18 , Anonymous Alexandra Lif said...

Wow nice tag! Super long and detailed but I really enjoyed reading it. I think your favourite quotes are AWESOME and definitely something I should keep in mind more often. I love how personal your blog is, I'm used to quite superficial ones so this is refreshing! Nice job :D

Hugs,
Alexandra
http://mysweetestdisposition.blogspot.dk

 
At 6 May 2014 at 08:21 , Anonymous Mikayla Sheard said...

Thanks for reading all of it! Your comment is really sweet!

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►