About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Tag Week: The Fashion Tag!

Sunday 4 May 2014

I found this tag by again, typing into google "Fashion Tags" This one I found on fashi0nrealist.blogspot.ca and I thought it would be another great fashion tag to round out Tag Week.

1. How would you describe your style?
This question actually stumped me. I guess I would describe my style as uniquely mine? I like a lot of different things, and wear a number of different styles in a week. So maybe just drifting? Always changing?
2. What are your wardrobe staples?
My wardrobe staples are leggings, jeggings, cardigans, chiffon shirts and tank tops.
3. What is the most expensive item in your closet?
My lululemon limited edition sweater. The pattern on it is beautiful and I cannot ever part with it.

4. Who is your favourite designer?
Victoria Beckham. Her style is just so classy, I love absolutely all of her designs.

5. What is your favourite store?
Stitches. Canada has this chain of stores that operate under a parent company that also carry the same brands and styles for other stores under their umbrella. Stitches, Urban Planet and a couple others carry StreetWear Society, which has different designs depending on the store you go to. The quality of their clothes is fantastic and the price is amazing. It is possible to go into a store and spend $100 and get numerous outfits, or even staple items. I almost exclusively shop there.

6. Who is your "fashion role model"?
Emma Watson and Kate Middleton. Emma's style is always evolving, and I love everything she wears. Kate Middleton is just so elegant and put together, and I love that she re-wears things, and alters things to suit her. Both of their styles are the perfect mix of class and trendy.


7. What is your favourite way to style your hair?
I have naturally curly hair, so I love straightening, or curling with a curling wand or straightener.
8. What is your go-to slash emergency outfit?
Black leggings, Oversized shirt, Kimono style cardigan, hair in a top knot and booties. Looks put together enough to pass, but not so much work that you have to think about it.
9. What trend would you like most to come back and stay?
GAH, I have no idea, I don't really follow trends, I go to a store and pick what I like.. I guess layering with tank tops and shirts. That trend should never ever die, I wear it too much. Like tanks under shirts, all the time?
10. What do you always have on?
Tank tops. I'm large chested, and tank tops have become a security blanket for me. I wear them under LITERALLY everything. It prevents shirts from stretching or sagging around my chest, and provides more length, as most shirts loose a bit on me.

11. What is your most prized possession in your closet?
My Blue Suede Shoes. I got them from walmart and they were not expensive by any means, but they have a bit of sentimental meaning to them. My grandpa (I call him poppy) loves Elvis and that type of music and we were joking one time about him and I getting matching blue suede shoes, and then I was at walmart and saw these heels and I had to buy them, and now I cannot part with them.

12. Who influenced you to start writing about fashion?
Niomi Smart, Tanya Burr and Zoella. All three of these ladies have such impecible style and their blogs are my favourites. From the moment I discovered their blogs I knew I wanted to start writing as well.
13. What is your favourite fabric?
Chiffon. It's breathable, especially for the summer time. It flows well enough from my body that I'm not self conscious wearing shirts made out of it. I think it's a really forgiving fabric that especially in high-low (I call them mullet) skirts and dresses it looks classy and understated all at once.
14. Who is your favourite model?
I do not follow fashion enough to know models and all that jazz, I do love Miranda Kerr, she's gorgeous and her style is fantastic.

15. What would you spend $1000 on?
Christian Louboutins hands down. No thinking required. Once I'm all done school and have a career I plan on buying at least a pair.

16. Is fashion in your blood?
Not particularly. My mom and sister love shopping and dressing up, and since I was a young girl I've always cared about how I dressed. As a kid I refused to wear pants (so I'm told). I loved dressing up, and still do!

Labels: , , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►