About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Spring Clothing Haul

Thursday 8 May 2014

My recent lack of busy-ness has left me with a lot of free time, free time I occasionally spend shopping. Spring has finally come to Canada, although it feels like it will only last a week or two before it is summer and too humid to breathe. The change in seasons has given me the opportunity to ditch the chunky sweaters of winter and embrace the pastels of spring. Spring (and fall) is truly the only time where I live that true fashion can shine. Summer is too hot for anything other than shorts, tank tops and top knots.. and winter, well winter requires a parka.

So shopping, yeah I've been doing that. Stitches is this great Canadian clothing store owned by a parent company who owns many other stores under their brand, they carry similar styles but never the same designs, the price remains as great and the quality amazes me. I went to an outlet store a couple days ago and picked up some spring/summer must-haves. The beauty of Canadian springs is they are typically warm enough to start wearing shorts. They were having a sale, on top of their awesome deals. I grabbed 2 tank tops (that I didn't get pictures of) for $9 total (6 for one and 3 for the other).

On top of that epic deal, I picked up 2 pairs of their shorts- a hunter green colour and a coral. Each pair were between $10-$12. Again, a steal. I think I am most excited for the coral ones, but the green are super cute too.

For some reason, they show up a lot more pink then they should- which bothers me. I LOVE the lace detailing on the bottom of the shorts, I think it adds just the right amount of detailing for a pair of shorts- and they came with the belt, which is beige and really just rounds out the shorts.

I'm really excited about these too- shorts are like required for summer, completely. I like that they aren't denim, so something different can be done with them, dressing them up is a definite option.

I love sheer tops, paired with a tank top it's dressy and casual all at the same time. I like that this one is a sleveless top, with a collar and button down makes it a little more dressy. It has navy blue and cream colouring which is still light enough for summer. This was $12, a great price I think.

Giant Tiger is another great Canadian company. It offers reasonably priced clothing as well as household needs and minor groceries- it's like a mini Walmart. I love this store- I've been shopping at it for as long as I can remember.

I got these awesome light coral-peachy coloured capris for $25! They came with a matching belt and I absolutely adore them. They are a perfect contrast compared to my love of mint and are the same tone as my mint pants. I think they are great for cooler summer nights or spring- like right now. :)

The last thing I got was this over the shoulder bag. It's has gold hardware and the chain is detachable, which is awesome for nights out if I want to make it a clutch not just an over the shoulder bag. You will not believe the price- $8. Such a deal, and considering it was originally $10, even if it wasn't on sale it would still be a steal.

That's all the shopping I've done- so far. What are some of your favourite spring/summer clothes?

Labels: , , , , , ,


At 11 May 2014 at 04:49 , Anonymous Alexandra Lif said...

Those shorts are so cool, the pink ones are so flirty borderline sexy and the grey ones are timeless and go with anything. I love sheer tops too, they are so comfortable in the summer! I am not the type to just wear my bra underneath like some brave girls, but maybe I will get there some day hahah. I love your clothing haul, wish we could go on a shopping spree together!
Hugs,
Alexandra

www.mysweetestdisposition.blogspot.com

 
At 12 May 2014 at 12:04 , Anonymous Mikayla Sheard said...

I always wear a tank top! I am no where near comfortable only wearing a bra underneath a sheer top haha I would love to go on a shopping spree with you!
:)

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►