About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Review: Lush FUN

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Moldable soap- also known as the best invention ever. Lush presented last year FUN, a moldable vegan soap. Like other lush products it's made with natural ingredients that are not tested on animals. Originally I purchased FUN to use as a soap. It was by complete desperation that I discovered my favourite use for FUN (other then making awesome shapes in the shower).

I don't use FUN as a soap, rather a shaving cream. The first FUN I discovered this on was "Sweet As Can Be", the pink FUN. I didn't have shaving cream, I didn't want to go out and buy any, and I needed to shave. I looked into my little stash of Lush goodies and saw the package of pink moldable goodness that I hadn't used yet. Because it's moldable it's great to use on your legs, you can mold it to hold onto it better and it is super moisturizing.

I currently have two different FUN products- "Sweet As Can Be" and the Christmas limited edition scent "What A Softy".
Christmas Limited Edition "What A Softy"

Pros:
- Really great moisturization
- Moldable awesomeness
- Cute packaging (biodegradable)
- Vegan, all natural ingredients
- Smells amazing
- Travels great

Cons:
- Unable to reuse packaging (have to find other storage solutions)
My storage solution: an emptied out Bath and Body Works Candle (and lid)


Literally, that is my only con. I absolutely adore this product, and will not shave without it. It's really moisturizing, which is good for shaving, as it repairs any damage shaving can do to your skin. It makes my legs so smooth, and like I said, it was a complete act of desperation that made me use it, and I am so happy I did.

FUN is available online Here for the price of $6.95 CAD

Labels: , , , ,


At 22 May 2014 at 19:24 , Anonymous Spanish Muse said...

I love Bath & Body works products, my favorite is their body cream, it's rich and ultra moisturizing.

www.spanishmuse.com

 
At 23 May 2014 at 11:32 , Anonymous Mikayla Sheard said...

Bath and Body works lotions make my world go round, I have really sensitive skin when it comes to water. If the water is treated too harshly (too chemically) I itch like crazy and cannot stop, bath and body works is the only stuff that soothes my itchy skin!

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►