About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

I love.. Spring Nail Polish

Friday 16 May 2014

Since I am recently unemployed (in between schools, moving etc.) I can finally paint my fingernails, which is something I didn't see a point in when I was working every couple days, it seemed like a waste of time, and product. Well now, I can paint my fingernails as many times as I want in a day (if that's what I choose to do). Below I have my favourite nail polishes for spring, pastels and out there colours I have been rotating on my nails!

OPI- Purple with a purpose $9.95 I love that it's a darker purple, yet still on trend for spring/summer, especially on my toes.

Chinaglaze- Spontaneous $7.95 Lighter than the last purple, but still good for the season, I love how it's not a total lilac, but not a deep purple.

Chinaglaze- Pink Voltage $7.95 BRIGHT PINK I think bright pink makes me look tanner, for some reason, so I rock the bubble gum pink in the spring/summer to not appear as ghostlike.

Chinaglaze- Fuchia Fanatic $7.95 I recently wore this in my last OOTD post Here I love this colour, it looks great on, and is a little darker than Pink Voltage.

Sinful Colours- Frenzy $1.99 I got these in the United States, at Walgreens, on one of many trips with my mom and sister while in B.C. I love the sparkles, especially as an accent nail.

Sinful Colours- Shock and Awe $1.99 Purple and Blue, it's like a perfect blend of the two, great for a more sophisticated spring nail, love this one. It looks really good with Frenzy as an accent nail.

Rimmel 60 Seconds- I Lilac You $3.99 It really does dry fast, it really is a true lilac colour.

Maybelline Colorshow- Pinkalicious $2.99 Another bright pink, love this! (Can you notice a I like pink in the summer trend that's happening?)

Wet N Wild- I Need A Refresh-Mint $3 I have this colour on my toes right now, I love as a true minty green shade, it goes well with everything too.

Orly- Gum Drop $12.50 the most expensive of my list, I love this colour, it's really similar to Wet N Wild's, I really like it.

Old Navy- Preppy Pink $2 It's not really opaque, it goes on very sheer and it is a little difficult to get off, but the colour is worth it, especially with a couple of coats on it.

These are the colours I wear most often in the Spring/Summer, what are some of your favourite spring/summer nail colours?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


At 18 May 2014 at 02:17 , Anonymous Alexandra Lif said...

OMG so many beautiful colours.. I wish I had China Glaze near me!! I love the first two purple ones, I love deep purples! I really need to purchase a mint green nail polish for summer. Great post!
Hugs,
Alexandra
www.mysweetestdisposition.blogspot.com

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►